Tuesday, June 19, 2007

YOU NEVER CONGRATULATED ME ON MY NEW CAR

  • Dan Wilkinson, retiring from the NFL to open up a few AAMCO stations. Wonder if he'll decline servicing someone's car after being uninvited to a trip to Martha's Vineyard.

  • As I expected, Chris Brown has decided to re-sign with the Titans, inking a one-year deal. This was a no-brainer for Brown -- he either backed-up Cedric Benson in Chicago, or won the starting job over LenDale White in Tennessee. And believe me, he's going to win that starting job. White is overweight, slowed by a hamstring injury, and just isn't an every-down type of back. I am curious to see what Vegas has for the over/under for season wins for Tennessee. If it's hovering around 7 1/2 - 8 1/2 -- which is my best guess -- then I'm jumping all over the under. I know Vince Young led them to a strong finish last season, but this team will struggle. I see nine losses on this schedule as a near certainty.

  • Washington defensive coordinator Gregg Williams is gushing about second-year LB Rocky McIntosh: "His speed and anticipation of the opponent's offensive concepts have been outstanding. I hope that this will transition into that second year blossoming. I think Rocky's going to make some big plays this year."

No comments: