Thursday, June 21, 2007

TAMPA BAY IS NOT DEEP AT RECEIVER

  • If you're a Bucs fan, the news that Maurice Stovall and David Boston are competing for the second and third receiving spots cannot be a good sign. Stovall caught seven passes for 102 yards in an injury-plagued rookie season; Boston, who had one phenomenal season in 2001 with Arizona, last played in 2005 where he played in five games and caught four passes. I assume Stovall secures the spot because Jon Gruden seems high on him. Meanwhile, their best receiver, Mark Clayton, who has been injured the past two seasons, is looking to return to his rookie form, where he caught 80 passes for nearly 1,200 yards. Last season, the most yards Clayton had in one game was 62, in a 14-3 loss to Atlanta.

  • 49ers QB Alex Smith, poised for a break-out season? I don't know about you, but that Week 1 Monday Night match-up with San Fran and Arizona has got me pretty excited for the start of the season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.